Thursday, August 11, 2011

Retro Flower Mani/Pedi w/ Off Broadway Nail Wraps

I found these at Walgreens for half off so I decided to try them out.  They are labeled as nail wraps, but really they are just large flexible stickers.  They aren't the same as the Sally Hansen ones because they aren't made of nail polish.  The stickers remind me of the flexible thin, almost latex ish water slide decals for your nails.  Anyway, these were fairly easy to apply.  I used Essie Feed Me as a base, then applied the sticker.  Because the stickers are flexible I kind of adheared it to the base of my nail, then stretched it over the rest & pressed it down.  I did end up with a few wrinkles, which didn't bother me at first but proved to be the undoing of my pretty stickers!  It came with a small file to remove the excess from the top of the nail (which I kept and used on my toes!).  I then used Posh as a top coat, same method for my toes.  On my toes I had to do quite a bit of trimming with nail scissors to make them the right size to fit.  Overall I was pleased with these on my toes, not so much my hands.  My manicure lasted a whopping 22 hours before the wrinkles cracked and started to peal.  Also the decal started to lightly peel up at the edges & would get caught in my hair.  I'm not sure if I didn't get it stuck down well enough or if the topcoat pulled it up.  I didn't have any wrinkles on my toes & they lasted over a week :)  I think these are fun for a special day but this particular brand & style don't last on the fingernail.  I have some Sally Hansen ones waiting in the wings for review.  We'll see how those fair comparitively.

These pics were taken 2 days after application.  All pics are clickable to make larger :)



No comments:

Post a Comment