Thursday, March 31, 2011

Wet n Wild I Dream of Greenie Color Icon Trio

I'm a sucker for anything green, so when I saw the rave reviews on Wet n Wild's new Color Icon Trios I decided to drop the the $3 and see what all the fuss was about.  I haven't bought a Drug Store eyeshadow in 10 years!  I purchased I Dream of Greenie and Silent Treatment (I'll review that one later).  Needless to say I was pleasantly surprized!  The colors are creamy and very pigmented when finger swatched.  I did find them to be a tad powdery with a brush.  The colors also fade a bit throughout the day, but I find that even my vibrant MAC greens do that as well.  I Dream of Greenie consists of a frosted pale silvery mint labeled Browbone, a bright lime with a hint of shimmer for labeled Lid, and a GORGEOUS shimmery muted evergreen for the Crease.  The Crease color is worth the $3 alone IMO.  The icy mint for the browbone is too frosty for my liking to in that area so I did some rearranging.  Here's the look I did:

I Dream of Greenie Browbone on inner 1/3 of lid
I Dream of Greenie Lid on outer 2/3 of lid
I Dream of Greenie Crease in the crease, blended into outer 1/3 of lid
Bare Escentuals Turquoise Sea wetlined upper lashes
MAC Blanc Type on browbone
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes Mascara

No comments:

Post a Comment